Re: [OM] Which camera?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which camera?
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 18:43:15 -0500
At 05:40 PM 8/24/1998 -0400, you wrote:
>There are many myths regarding battery drain in OM-4s etc.  Actually,
setting the
>OM-PC to MANUAL will INCREASE drain.
>As far as the 4, 2S, 3 etc., drain is the same no matter where you set it,
Red B,
>60, Manual, auto, program.  Original 4 drain is considerable higher than 4Ts,
>4Tis.
>
>John

Setting to the red B or 60 at least prevents accidentally turning on the
meter -- probably of some value in storing and/or toting the camera, but
certainly not worth the inconvenience in the course of a shoot.

I really can't complain at all about the drain of the 2S. As for bad
boards, I think those cameras have just left the market. The survivors
probably have passed the burn-in test.  I keep my fingers crossed anyway.

Joel