[OM] Re: Chicago Camera Show - Postmortem

Subject: [OM] Re: Chicago Camera Show - Postmortem
From: Brice1021@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 23:50:30 EDT
In a message dated 8-16-98, Gary Reese wrote:
>Bill and I discovered two OM-1's with fine cosmetics, but with mirror lockups
which wouldn't fully retract the mirror.  Another OM-1n (Mint) died when
shutter testing.<
<snip>

The camera returned to life!  Well, actually, the dealer got it fixed and
called me up to see if I was still interested.  How could I resist?  A mint
condition OM-1n Black for $199 including shoe 4 (with no cracks!) and mercury
battery.  As far as I can tell, it was probably one of the last OM-1n?s
produced.  The date code is stamped in the film chamber (something John H.
said was done after the OM-4 was introduced) and it also has a rather high
serial number: 219####.   After 15 years of using electronic Olympus cameras,
I can say that this all mechanical beauty is a joy to use.  Just love the
sound of the slow speed governor winding away during the exposure.

A hopeless Zuikoholic and loving it. :-))
Bill Rice