Re: [OM] Which camera?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which camera?
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 12:34:41 EDT
Hi Bob:

<<  What is a very well worn OM-4T (Titanium Color) worth if it seems to be
functioning OK?  What should it cost to have just such a camera "tuned Up" ,
new foam, calibrated, ???, etc.? >>

Olympus America will charge around $145-155 for a full overhaul on this.
Assuming a 7- condition, I'd peg the cameras resale value at $250 to 290, with
the overhaul probably not worth it if you are trying to increase its value.
If the external wear is to a specific part, you might be able to get it
replaced at extra cost (above the cost of the overhaul), although I would
venture to guess that OLY no longer stocks champagne colored top plates.

<< Perhaps you could share a little more of your profound wisdom. >>

Thanks to everyone who supplied me with private sales info for my database.
I'm only as accurate as the numbers I use.  The OLY repair cost is from my
experience there last week.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV