Re: [OM] Lens problems

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens problems
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 14:23:50 EDT
Hi John:

<< Just curious, Gary, if you don't mind sharing. Which lens did you have
repaired and how much did they charge you? >>

Funny, I had that same question right in front of the counter from a customer.
I just acted sheepishly and said "Everything I own has been in this shop once
or more over the last 20 years and I get professional level treatment."  I'll
have to say the same here . . .

Dealer cost for a 50 mm f/2.0 Macro overhaul is $85.  Mine needed Pond's Cold
Cream treatment for early fungus and the pollen cleaned out of the helical.
10 weeks outdoors in Florida summer humidity and rain with pollenating prairie
grasses did it and my 135 Macro in.  I still have the 135 to get treated.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV