[OM] Storms and OMs

Subject: [OM] Storms and OMs
From: Robert Ashdown <RobertA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 09:44:58 +1000
Christopher wrote:

>ObOM: Alas a wonderfully violent storm which hit yesterday[1] precluded
>me from my day of shooting motor racing at Leyburn.  Total Bummer.
>Did the rounds of the fleamarkets instead.   Nothin' but a Trip35
>($70) and OM-10 ($90); oh for the days of disposable income!

>cjb.

>[1] And worst of all, me out in it without the camera.. :-(

Hi Chris!

I was caught in that same storm, but, best luck, I had the old OM2N with
5 frames of Velvia left in it, a 28 Zuiko and, by some stroke of good
fortune, my tripod. I was standing on a rock in the middle of Tingalpa
Creek at low tide, taking shots of the storm as it arrived right on top
of me. Had a bit of a worry about being hit by lightning then drifting
out into Moreton Bay to be found several weeks later near Moreton
Island, identified by dental records and camera serial numbers. No doubt
an analysis of the last few shots in the (indestructible) OM2N would
reveal the sad facts of an olyholic choosing a great storm photo and
resulting doom over a far more sensible fleeing for cover! There'd no
doubt be a small passage in the local rag about the foolishness of Oly
camera users.

As it was I had a 20 minute walk home in pouring rain! Get the shots
back today I hope.

All the best
Ashdown