Re: [OM] 180/2.8 chromatic aberration

Subject: Re: [OM] 180/2.8 chromatic aberration
From: Marko Vrabec <marko.vrabec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 21:43:36 +0200
Greg wrote:

>The best bet may be a Tamron 180 2.5 SP adaptall, available used for
>$400-$500 US. It has LD glass and internal focussing.  Works very well
>with the Zuiko 1.4x, also.

Greg, would you please put the OM Adaptall mount onto your lens? Good,
this is now a topic for the list <g>: would you care to describe the
technical data of this lens? It seems to be out of production since I
could find information about it on Tamron web site... How do you rate
this lens vs Zuikos (esp. 180/2.8), optically and mechanically?

Someone else wrote:

>I don't know exactly what's available; I think Sigma may make something
>suitable.

The Sigma 180/2.8 APO Macro :-) in OM mount is no longer in production.
It is listed on Sigma web site, yes, but I was told this is only to
support the sales of the remaining items possibly left in shops.
Regarding the quality, Color Foto had a very enthusiastic review,
but if I am not mistaken, the comments on photo.net are not so good.

Best regards,

Marko Vrabec
Slovenia