[OM] Using OM OTF in LF time exposures

Subject: [OM] Using OM OTF in LF time exposures
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 03:28:49 EDT
Hi all:

Here is an idea for those with large format (LF) equipment wishing to shoot
night shots with dynamic lighting (like fireworks).  Set up an automatic OM
camera with OFT metering next to the view camera.  Use the same film speed and
apertures in both and set the view camera to B.  Then use cable releases to
trip them both at the same time.  When you hear the OM shutter close, close
the shutter on the view camera.

Last week I took some shots of the Saturday evening fireworks show at the
Stratosphere.  The juxtaposition of them and the tower, along with the street
and marque lights was breathtaking.  OFT exposures worked great.  So I just
had to return and shoot it with the 4x5.  Luckily I had already worked out the
angle and exposure details, the latter thanks to the OM-4.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV