Re: [OM] Using OM OTF in LF time exposures

Subject: Re: [OM] Using OM OTF in LF time exposures
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 11:50:42 EDT
Hi George:

> Again, I do like the idea and will try it myself.  But can you provide a
> little
>  detail as to the particular settings you used to get good results??

We all know how bright Vegas is!  In the fireworks setup, I was getting 2 to 5
sec. exposures at f/8 on Agfachrome RSX 50 and Velvia.  So, it was only one
stop down on my Symmar-S lens.  At 0.6 miles from the subject, I wasn't
worried about depth of field.  A week earlier I was using Fujichrome Sensia II
100, but sometimes getting too short an exposure time for capturing the
multiple bursts.  Hopefully, going to 50 speed film with broader exposure
latitude will minimize halation and burned out highlights from the marquees.

The nice thing about photographing locally is that after capturing a memorable
shot in 35 mm, you can sometimes return to the scene with a 4x5.  Thankfully,
the Stratosphere is putting on their fireworks shows at 11 pm each Saturday.
It is a beautiful show, too.  I'll have to put a shot up in the Gallery.

I'm gonna miss next Saturday, though.  Planning on going to Ely, NV and
photographing hot air balloons, as well as photographing from them.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV