Re: [OM] Re: 200 f/4 and 200 f/5 again

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 200 f/4 and 200 f/5 again
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 19:27:39 +0200
MorrisMini@xxxxxxx (Tim Clark) wrote:

> I have been searching the archives to get the lowdown on the 200 f/4 and 200
> f/5 Zuikos but get only passing mention.  The f/4 seems to be readily
> available, new and used, the f/5 takes some scrounging.  According to Paul
> Farrar's excellent Zuiko page, I see that the f/5 is smaller, lighter, and
> takes 49mm filters, but what about the resolution and general performance?
> Anyone tried both?
>
> Er, anyone have a really nice f/5 for sale?!

I can't tell about the Zuiko 200/5 lens, but I do own a Zuiko 200/4 and I can
assure you it is a very fine lens indeed. It does not feel big or bulky at all,
in fact it is actually smaller in your hand than you think and I am pretty sure
you would not regret buying that lens even though it has a 55 mm thread.

--
Regards/
  Ingemar Uvhagen

- Netscape Communicator user -