Re: [OM] OM = Nikon = Canon ?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM = Nikon = Canon ?
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 06:53:13 -0600
At 08:34 AM 9/1/98 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello everybody,
>
>I found a web page  on which is stated that OM2000, NikonFM10, Canon T60,
>... are all clones of the same camera and are all made by Cosina. Is this
>true? And if it's true, what's the reputation of Cosina?
>
>link: http://www.neci.nj.nec.com/homepages/sebastien/album/clone2000.html
>
>Paul.

Hi Paul:

To the best of my knowledge, yes, it's true.  Cosina's rep is reasonably good
IMHO -- I once owned a Cosina-brand camera with f/1.4 normal lens (also Cosina
brand), and found it to be a real nice workhorse, though of course nothing like
my beloved Oly stuff.  I'd call Cosina "competent," and certainly a reasonable
choice for a beginner camera system.

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/