Re: [OM] Trip 35 Manual?

Subject: Re: [OM] Trip 35 Manual?
From: Chris Barker <cbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 19:09:31 +0100
>Does the camera drop to 1/40 in auto mode as well?
>The test roll showed the following results with ISO 100 b/w film:

I do not believe so.  You must select an aperture (i.e. not 'A') to select
the flash synch speed of 1/40s.  Looking at my son's camera, I see that the
aperture only opens (on auto or aperture-selected) once the shutter release
is pressed a certain distance.  With regard to the overexposure, perhaps it
is to do with the inherent lag in this sort of meter: perhaps the camera
needed a few seconds longer to register the brighter light properly.

>I'm impressed with how solid this little camera is, but suspect mine
>has some problems. Alas, if I sent it back, I'd still be out $15-20
>taxes, etc, so I'll probably keep it.

Shawn, I am sorry to say that my son has lost his manual!  I bought the
manual from the Olympus Camera Club (£2) a year or 2 ago, but Oldtimer
Cameras will have it as well (both in UK).  The trouble is, the postage
will be more than the manual is worth.  I will press my son to keep
looking, but I am sorry to have made a promise I could not keep.

Chris