Re: [OM] OM2 tale of woe.... :(

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2 tale of woe.... :(
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 03:31:38 EDT
In a message dated 9/1/98 10:42:04 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
SGOGGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
<< o be more exact about the symptoms.
 STATE 1:       Camera in AUTO,
                Shutter fires but mirror locks up.
                Batteries shorted out at all times,
                current drawn = ~300ma >>

Hi Stuart,
I almost bought a OM4 once but the mirror locked up when I ran it through the
motor drive.  I called OLY and they sent me to Photosphere in Dallas, TX. USA.
The gentleman there said it was probably a corroded contact under the lens
mount and a common problem in bodies that have been stored and not used.  He
said it was a fairly easy fix and that I could probably do it myself.  I took
it back so I did not have it repaired.  Maybe a third estimate is in order.
Good Luck.
BW