[OM] Re: Olympus at Photokina (translation wanted)

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus at Photokina (translation wanted)
From: Marko Vrabec <marko.vrabec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 20:10:02 +0200
Dear fellow OManiacs,

My native language, Slovenian (not Slovakian), belongs to the Slavic
languages group, and I can almost understand Czech language, so I will
try to give you english summary of the document:

http://www.olympus.cz/news/photokina.htm

which describes OM'pus' novelties for the Photokina. Not an easy task,
translating from a language I know nothing about to a language I barely
manage...please forgive the clumsy style and errors...

(I hope this Photokina information will not be put on the web in English
for another day or two, so my work will not be in vain :-)

PHOTOKINA EXHIBITION 1998, 16.Sept-21.Sept.

The Olympus C&S Company is taking the liberty of inviting you most
warmly to its exhibition stand at the Photokina exhibition :-).

This year you will be able to acquaint yourself with new models from the
areas of classical, APS and, of course, digital photography.

Analyses of the European market confirm the continuous growth of sales
of digital products, but also an increase in sales of classical cameras.
Due to this tendency, new classical products will arrive and be
officially presented at the Photokina Exhibition. <??don't get it??>
newest model of the successful line of compact Mju cameras and three new
APS cameras. The outside look of all those products confirms the high
quality, ergonomycal solutions and the unique Olympus design.

"i Zoom 75"
Compact APS camera, 28-75mm zoom (equals 35-94mm in 35mm cameras). High
performance flash with fill time of 2,5s at small energy consumption.
Small size and weight (107 x 54,5 x 33,5mm, 175g).

"NEWPIC Zoom 600"
30-60mm zoom (equals 38-75mm in 35mm), six flash modes.

"NEWPIC M10 Macro"
Closeups to up to 10cm, four flash modes.

"Mju-II Zoom 80"
Smallest and lightest classical 35mm compact camera in the World. After
more than 10 million cameras sold, mju line is the most successful
Olympus ever, due to the high quality and elegant design.
Zoom 38-80mm. It will be sold in two color variants, classical black,
and gold/perl. Dimensions 115 x 59,5 x 39,5mm, 185g.

"Digital SLR C-1400XL"
High image quality through progressive 2/3" CCD chip with 1,14 million
pixels  (1280 x 1024). In combination with 3x zoom lens and autofocus,
C-1400XL makes sharp photos in vivid colors.
Possible to upgrade with 16MB smart-card. Due to the special internal
DRAM, the waiting time to write image to memory has been eliminated. The
writing of photograph to memory takes places synchronously with the
making of a new shot. Therefore you can photograph without delays.
C-1400XL has sequential shooting and has a connector for external flash.

"CAMEDIA C-900ZOOM"
Innovative digital technology in World's most successful design Mju.
Camera has a 35-105mm zoom lens, 1/2.7" CCD chip, 1.31 million pixels.
Camera can be connected to TV through video connector. Photos can be
stored onto 4MB and 16MB smart-card. Images are stored uncompressed in
TIFF format.

"PowerMO 640"

"Sublimation printer CAMEDIA P-330E"

Best regards,