[OM] Re: new OM model

Subject: [OM] Re: new OM model
From: "Simon E." <sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 13:44:40 +0000
Judging by the press release kindly translated by Marko, I would say that
Olympus are referring to compacts when using the term "classical".  My hopes
were raised briefly, but they mention no OM-mount cameras at all.  I can't
see why they would want to release an additional OM-based SLR model - surely
they have most of the desirable features in the OM3/4Ti currently available.
When you consider that the manual focus SLR market has become much smaller
over the years, they cannot justify adding to the body range.  Also, the R&D
department must be working very hard on the digital camera market and
ensuring the Mju models remain competitive (as this has been the
biggest-selling range ever!).  So I think we will have to keep dreaming for
now.  Dreaming's fun though....

simon E.