Re: [OM] EFS-1 was Olympus Speed-Magny?

Subject: Re: [OM] EFS-1 was Olympus Speed-Magny?
From: "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 14:02:29 -0500
Hans wrote:
>A nice substitute for the rest of us might be Imagek's digital insert
>EFS-1...   ...I think $1000 is
>just about the reasonable limit an amateur would be willing to pay for
>such a gadget. Inserted in or attached to an OM body, with an array of
>nice Zuikos, you get a lot of a digital camera for that money. :-)
>Could almost make me forget the 5. Almost. :-(

I'm definitely going to get one!  I have desired to get into digital
photography for some time now, but every single digital camera either takes
aweful pictures because of lens quality or doesn't have the capabilities for
truely professional use.  My uses for the EFS-1 would include the following:

Wedding rehersals: for checking lighting/contrasts/bad reflections, etc and
providing "instant" prints to participants.
Weddings:  for providing instant prints (candid shots)
Studio:  Lighting checks and webpage shots
Personal:  webpages, etc.
Commercial use:  Electronic publishing, home shots for realtor ads, etc.,
etc.

I figure my payoff would be less than three months so the price is right.
Consider this:  You won't beable to get a better digital camera for the same
amount as the EFS-1 in your Olympus equipment.

(For the instant print business, I would use a laptop computer and portable
color printer).

Still, it is no substitute for Velvia!

Ken N.