Re: [OM] Polaroid NPC backs (was: Olympus Speed-Magny)

Subject: Re: [OM] Polaroid NPC backs (was: Olympus Speed-Magny)
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 20:29:29 GMT
On Thu, 3 Sep 1998 14:42:52 EDT, PCACala@xxxxxxx wrote:

>>   B & H lists an NPC back to fit OM-1,2,3,4 for $750.00, but it is useful
>>  only for proofing, of course.
>
>I saw one at the Chicago Camera Show for $399 (asking).  I believe there are a
>few for somewhat less on Internet accessable equipment lists.
>
>Gary Reese
>Las Vegas, NV

Anything above $250-300 for these backs (used) is too much, I think.
It is a very simple piece of equipment, consisting of a normal back
and a normal Polaroid pack, connected by (clever idea) a 24x36mm large
array of optic fibers to displace the film plane backwards. The images
are consequently bad.... but of course they are indeed for proofing
only.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.