Re: [OM] Serial numbers

Subject: Re: [OM] Serial numbers
From: "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 15:35:09 -0500
>Almost ALL the lenses and bodies (up to the OM-2 and 10) started in
production
>with serial number 100,000.

Interesting.  Then my 35/shift is about the 300th one built!

I would suspect that the rings with the serial number were mass produced
with serial numbers in place and then "grabbed" out of the bin at random
during manufacturing.  How else would you explain the fact that mine was
built about 1989-1990 but would have had such an early number?  Mice?

Ken N.