Re: [OM] long auto exposures

Subject: Re: [OM] long auto exposures
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 06:10:17 EDT
Hi Red:

Welcome!

> I've
>  learned that my Om2s can take auto exposed pictures at lengths of up to 2
>  minutes, but wouldn't this be an incorrect exposure due to reciprocity?
>  Should I see how long the camera takes the picture and then multiply this
>  time for the specific film I'm using for the next shot?

The most correct way is to note the time, check the reciprocity table for the
film you are using and then open the aperture to get the additional exposure.
Adding time is just creating a problem in having to again adjust for
reciprocity.  However, many will just bracket on the overexposure side, esp.
if you don't have the film data handy.  Check the OM List Archives for some of
this reciprocity info, if necessary.  There is probably enough in those
Archives for a reissue of The Olympus Way!

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV