Re: [OM] Hiya folks!

Subject: Re: [OM] Hiya folks!
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 09:13:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, Jay Maynard wrote:

> 1) How, exactly, does the program mode work? I assume that it controls both
> the shutter and the diaphragm, the latter by controlling how far the
> stopdown lever is thrown during exposure. What's got me puzzled is: WHat do
> I do with the aperture ring on the lens?

  You select an aperture, and that will be the smallest one the program
can choose.

 There's no "auto" setting on any of
> mine, unlike, say, the Canon AE lenses. If I adjust it with the camera on,
> the indicated shutter speed moves in big jumps, and stays in each place for
> three or so F-stop settings of the lens. What's going on here?

  You have discovered how to shift the program. If you want to bias the
program to higher shutter speeds, leave the lens at an aperture that will
force the shutter speed up. If you want 'coma' mode, set it at the
smallest aperture.

> 2) What the heck is ESP metering? How can I tell if it's on or off?

  It is a simple and amazingly good matrix metering mode.

                                 *= Doris Fang =*