Re: [OM] 65-200mm f4 Zuiko Zoom

Subject: Re: [OM] 65-200mm f4 Zuiko Zoom
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 19:52:22 -0700
Such blasphemy, praise for a non-zuiko lens!  How can it possibly even be
properly considered a "lens" without Zuiko proudly emblazoned on it?? <G>.

I too have the Tokina 80-200 f/2/8.  Hefty it is.  Sometimes too hefty for
my preferences, but it certainly is a fine piece of glass IMO.  Mine had to
be sent to Tokina for repair when internal lubricants leaked in between the
front two lens elements.  The result of improper storage I was told.  The
only cost was one-way shipping as it was still under 10-year warranty.  I
have considered selling it serveral times as it is one of two non-olympus
lenses in my collection.  But it serves it true purpose so well, I may never
get the Oly equivalent.  Perhaps a 35mm shift instead <g>

John P
My Grandfather taught me to live by two rules.  Rule #1:  Don't tell folks
everything you know.