Re: [OM] Zuiko 100-200/f5

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 100-200/f5
From: "Ulf Westerberg" <ulf.westerberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 16:20:18 +0200
I myself quoted a test in swedish photo-mag on this lens:

Marco then wrote:
>The 85-250 is a high quality pro-lens that was sold for $1.000 while the
>100-200 was intended as an amateur lens.

The 85-250/f5 was also tested in the same test. While getting good reviews
it was NOT considered as tack-sharp as the 100-200/f5, a little soft at the
85 mm setting.

The 85-250 certainly was aimed at the pro/advanced amateur market, as an
example Chris Steele-Perkins of Magnum fame used it.

I don't have any experience with either of these lenses. Maybe these
testresults says more of test procedures than the lenses...

Ulf Westerberg