Re: [OM] Zuiko 100-200/f5 (was Vivitar Ser.1 70-210)

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 100-200/f5 (was Vivitar Ser.1 70-210)
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 22:58:36 +0000
I owned a Kiron 30-80mm f3.5-4.5 varifocal for many years.  Lettering
was engraved and not painted on.  The build quality and performance
were juast as Gary described.

This lens was on a Nikon FG and I lent this setup to someone doing an
around Australia tour.  At some point the camera was dropped onto a
road.  The lens suffered a dented filter ring and got a bit tight
when zooming.  The FG got a crushed top plate and main circuit board.
 The lens could still function, but not the camera (both were
repaired).

Kirons are beautifuly made and are very robust.

Giles