Re: [OM] Re: new OM model

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: new OM model
From: svtbrad@xxxxxxxxxx (Bradley Mabb)
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 21:49:03 -0700

    Dear Ingemar,

      I agree with you totally. Mr.Ritz' attempt to beat the competition to
   the new technology (aka digital) reminds me of the guy at a foot race that
   with eyes closed takes off like a bat out of hell only to realize, when he
   DOES opens his eyes, he's taken off in the wrong direction. :)
     The company really seems to be thinking in those terms, judging by the
   district managers' spiels and interviews with Mr. ritz in trade newspapers.
   But the reality is he's still selling FAR more cameras and processing than
   digital. And it seemed to me when I was there, the return rate of digital
   cameras was about 50/50. This is probably due to the fact that MOST of
   his 1000+ stores aren't set up to sell digital, for one. Secondly, as I've
   stated before, digital is another FACET of photography, not the future end
   all. Film photography will be with us for a long time.

                                                         enjoy,
                                                          Brad