[OM] I'm back from Oz!

Subject: [OM] I'm back from Oz!
From: mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 14:51:29 -0500
Greetings, everyone.  I've returned from Melbourne, Aus. and points west,
and also have more or less recovered from the jet lag.  What a trip it was!
Melbourne is a hoot, and the surrounding countryside (the Otways, Erskine
Falls, the Twelve Apostles and the rest of the country's Shipwreck Coast)
provided a weekend-long diversion for Wayne Harridge (O He of the Zuiko
18mm Very Wide Angle, the momentary use of which I am very grateful for)
and me.  I've sifted through the machine prints from the trip, and there is
definitely some new material for Garth's Oly web site in the offing;  keep
your eyes peeled for the new postings in the near future...

The people were wonderful, the food suPERB, and the climate, well, a bit
damp, actually, but hey, it's winter!  It certainly didn't dampen my
spirits much.

If any of you ever, EVER get the chance to go down under,

1.  Plan on staying at LEAST a month!
2.  Take or buy LOTS of film, and
3.  Fly Qantas.  Definitely Qantas.

P.S.:  It slipped my mind to send this little note out the other day, for
which I apologize to Wayne.  He was quite the boon companion while I was
down there, graciously offering to shuttle me around the countryside for an
entire weekend. We even weht Oly-trolling at a few stores in the area.
Thanks, Wayne!

Regards,

Mahlon