Re: [OM] Re: new OM model

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: new OM model
From: JNVS44B@xxxxxxxxxxx (MR THOMAS N CURLEE)
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 20:07:47, -0500
An interesting note on photography going digital.

A lot of used Nikon equipment is currently hitting the used market
locally here in Southern California.  Unusual things like 350/3.8s
and such.  What's happening is that the two main Southern California
papers (Orange County Register and LA Times) are converting, at least
partially, to Cannon.  Many of the press photographers are dumping
their personally owned equipment.  One store owner told me he would
really deal because he was overloaded with Nikon gear.  A friend
bought a 24/2.8 AIS lens in mint condition for $100!!  This same
store owner said that the LA Times is converting to Cannon digital
cameras for all normal day to day shooting.  I suspect this will
snowball as the price comes down on these high end digital bodies.

Tom