Re: [OM] No OM4T on Japanese Website?

Subject: Re: [OM] No OM4T on Japanese Website?
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 16:39:24 -0400
Olympians,
C.H. Ling wrote: Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 11:04:49 -0700
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>Winsor Crosby wrote:
>
>> I looked at some of the Japanese Oly website that C.H. Ling pointed to with
>> the picture of the girl in front of the painted wall.
>
>> In the list of film cameras were all the point and shoots, the OM2000 and
> >the OM3Ti. No OM4Ti or OM4T. Has it been discontinued in favor of its
>> rumored successor?
>
>The OM4Ti was deleted from the English page, but it is still in the
>Japaness page.
>http://www.olympus.co.jp/LineUp/Camera/camera.html
>It is quite possible that the OM4Ti has stopped production.

Please, don't come to any conclusions just because there is no description of
the OM-4Ti on the English Olympus Product Lineup.  Olympus sells many, many more
products than the list in English.  As far as I know, there has never been an
OM-4Ti description in English at the Olympus Japan site.  Since I can read
Japanese, I never raised any issues about this.  I should point out that the
OM-4Ti description in Japanese is more complete than the one for the OM-3Ti.

As I have told you Olympians before, Olympus has newly reprinted brochures of
both the OM-3Ti and the OM-4Ti, dated July and August 1997, respectively.  As
far as I can tell, Olympus Japan's efforts in building English pages are
half-hearted presumably because they seem to be aiming their Web site to the
Japanese audience.  In "What's New" section, for example, they keep adding their
new products almost weekly, but not much new is being added in the English
counterpart.
>From the way it looks in English, Olympus is hardly working to put out any new
products.  However, the contrary is true according to the Japanese pages.  The
products they are putting out may not be an OM-5, but the company is obviously
very alive.  One just has to realize that the market share of professional level
SLR's is very small.