Re: [OM] Digital vs. film

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital vs. film
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 17:52:45 -0400
>>Touche' again!  I remember how the race between transistors and vacuum
tubes, in the 1960s, was complicated by the fact that the tubes started
getting better.  But at that point tubes were pushing fundamental technical
limits and transistors weren't.  With film vs. digital photography it's the
other way around -- we know the limits of our digital materials better than
those of film.>>

Tubes have made quite a comeback. They are used in extremely expensive
high-end audio gear, and also in recording studios in mikes, pre-amps, etc.

One day film may also be the last bastion of the cogneseti <g>

Regards,

Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com