Re: [OM] Problem with 4Ti+Winder2

Subject: Re: [OM] Problem with 4Ti+Winder2
From: GPaul64@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 19:29:04 EDT

<<
 Hi all

 Hope someone can cast a light on a problem that emerged the other day while
 catching dragon flies in filght.

 The problem occurs when I lift my finger from the shutter-release button (on
 the Winder). The camera sometimes (say 1 of 5 times) does not stop and
 continues to wind or expose, AFTER I've lifted my finger. Sometimes it can
 go full circle, e.g. exposing and winding 1-3 frames, but more often it just
 exposes and doesn't wind after the exposure. Sometimes only the first
 curtain is released, and the second curtain has to be released with the
 release button of the camera. It only occurs on my OM-4Ti, the Winder works
 perfectly on my OM-4.

 Batteries are of course fresh. I've cleaned all contacts on camera and
 Winder, to no avail. Problem occurs in both single and sequence Winder-mode.

 Is something misadjusted in the camera? Or just bad contacts?

 Help someone

 Ulf Westerberg

Hi Ulf,

I am having similar problems with my 4ti and Winder II.    Like yours, when I
press the shutter release on the Winder, it fails to wind after the exposure.
It was also having trouble when using the camera self timer.    When the
shutter was pressed and the camera went into the 10-second delay, the winder
would sound as if it was still fighting to advance the film - not a pleasant
sound.

I shipped mine off to John H. for evaluation.   I'll let you know what comes
of it.

Regards,

Greg Logiodice
Nyack, NY