Re: [OM] Info about F280?

Subject: Re: [OM] Info about F280?
From: Ralph Nitschke <Ralph_Nitschke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 20:01:23 -0700
George Conklin wrote:

> Is the Olympus F280 flash still in production?
>
> How are used market prices running?
>
> Am I correct in understanding the F280 can be used as fill in flash in
> daylight at high shutter speeds?
>
> Which OMs does it fit.  At the moment I have an OM-1, two OM2ns, and an OM-4T.

I just purchased a used F280 a couple of weeks ago for $140 CDN.  I bought it
for
fill-flash for daylight shots but haven't had much time to experiment with it.
One thing I noticed (and I may be wrong) is that it will only offer Super-FP
daylight fill-flash if the ambient light is bright enough to keep the shutter
over
1/60 sec.

Ralph