Re: [OM] Reciprocity failure and Olympus auto exposure

Subject: Re: [OM] Reciprocity failure and Olympus auto exposure
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 22:35:00 -0700

Shawn Wright wrote:

> I had the opportunity to test low light shots on my 4T this weekend,
> while camping in a remote area of the West Coast. Because it was
> nearly a full moon, the stars weren't too impressive, but the
> moonlight was *amazing*, as it lit up several mountainsides
> surrounding the converging river valleys where we were camped. I
> setup the camera with a 50/1.8, dialed in +2/3 (Fuji Reala) and
> shot on self timer, then walked back to the camp, while we waited
> for the shutter to close. Exposures were around a minute, wide
> open, and my friend was suitable impressed, as he tried to figure
> out if his N*k*n F90X had a button to do this...

This reminds me of the time I was walking towards the Glacier Point overlook to
Yosemite Valley on a full moon nite.  I had my tripod over my shoulder and my 4T
and a couple of fast lenses in a bag.  On the way out, I met a man coming back
from the point.  He too had a tripod on his shoulder, but on the end of his was
Nikon, either an F3 or an F4, can't recall.  He expressed surprise that I was
going to try to take some pictures.  "There's not enough light", he says.  It
was
a bright full moon in a cloudless sky.  "Why do you say that", I asked.  "Well,
my camera says so", was his answer.  I went on that nite, despite the
conclusions
of his Nikon, to take some great, perfectly exposed auto exposures with the 4T.

george