Re: [OM] Digital vs. film

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital vs. film
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 05:57:38 -0400
>>We will never know the limits of digital technology, in the pass 20
years the films only improved very little (has the resolution improved
by two or three times?). But how about the computer and storage device?>>

You're right, of course improving digital storage devices will no doubt
make digital equal or better than film.

Still, this old-timer <g> remembers a lot of improvement in film in 20
years. I remember when Kodacolor-X at ASA 80 was the fastest print film you
could buy, and Kodachrome 64 was 'fast'. When High-Speed Ektachrome was
introduced at ASA160, it was a big deal, especially when it was discovered
ot could actually be pushed to ASA400 for some subjects :-)

Regards,

Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com