Re: [OM] Zuiko 150-300/f4 (dreaming again)

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 150-300/f4 (dreaming again)
From: EdMall@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 16:47:37 EDT

<< Thanks for this suggestion. Can you tell us a little more about the Sigma
 120-300?  Speed, filter size, weight, what you like about it? Doesn't come
 with a tripod mount by chance, does it?

 Thanks again,

 Joel   >>

There's a built in tripod mount with a large lock/unlock knob for swiveling
the camera.  Also has a built in sunshade.  It's just a little larger than the
75-150.  Speed is f5.6-6.3.  It focuses readily on my OM4T with a 2-13 screen.
The achromatic macro lens that comes with it  allows you to shoot dragonflies
that fill the frame from about two feet or so.  It's one ring push/pull to
zoom and twist to focus.  Nice lens if you can find one.  It takes 52mm
filters which works for me since I need 55mm for several lenses (35f2 and
35-105 for instance).  So I use two adapters (55-52 and 52-49) to use 55mm
enhancing filter and polarizing filter on the 49mm lenses.With the 55-52mm
adapter, the sunshade still works, too.
Hope this helps
Ed