Re: [OM] Reciprocity failure and Olympus auto exposure

Subject: Re: [OM] Reciprocity failure and Olympus auto exposure
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 20:49:57 +0200
gma wrote:

> This reminds me of the time I was walking towards the Glacier Point overlook
> Yosemite Valley on a full moon nite.  I had my tripod over my shoulder and my
> 4T
> and a couple of fast lenses in a bag.  On the way out, I met a man coming back
> from the point.  He too had a tripod on his shoulder, but on the end of his
> was a
> Nikon, either an F3 or an F4, can't recall.  He expressed surprise that I was
> going to try to take some pictures.  "There's not enough light", he says.  It
> was
> a bright full moon in a cloudless sky.  "Why do you say that", I asked.
> "Well,
> my camera says so", was his answer.

[snip]

If one don't know the basics of photography, one can't use and take advantage
of the
features of cameras. One can't tell if the camera is right or wrong, one just
have to
trust what it says. That is what I call to be a slave under technology, not the
master over it.

--
Regards/
  Ingemar Uvhagen