[OM] Archival Permanence WAS Re: new OM model

Subject: [OM] Archival Permanence WAS Re: new OM model
From: Jim Loudon <jloudon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 15:42:19 -0400
Ingmar asked:
> And slides, is there a Crystal
> process to slides as well? If so, how long are they expected to last?

To which Doris replied:
> If there is, I haven't seen it announced.

Check out this url for Fuji's position on the archival
properties of their current transparency films:

http://www.fujifilm.com/home/faqsfact/slidefaq.htm

Basically, the situation is better than it was, but
ancient Egyptian art will be around far longer than
any image shot on any current E6 film...

Oly content:  nil (sorry)

jim

ps:  I've taken the liberty of putting a new subject
line on this one.  Since Shawn has worked so hard
at creating an indexed archive for us, I think it's
only fair that the rest of us try to match the
content of our postings to the subject line :-)