Re[2]: [OM] Quick Auto 310 + Bonce Grip 1

Subject: Re[2]: [OM] Quick Auto 310 + Bonce Grip 1
From: JIM_TEO@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 11:42:49 +0800
     I've bad experience using the 'Pure Energy" cells.
     After storage a couple of months on the shelf, it leaks.

Subject: Re: [OM] Quick Auto 310 + Bonce Grip 1
Author:  MIME {swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx} at BEACON
Date:    9/10/98 7:55 AM

On  9 Sep 98 at 7:50, Chris Barker wrote:

> >I've heard that the batteries themselves are not much different than
regular
> >alkalines, except there are small vent holes on the bottom of the case.
They
> >are sold under the name "Pure Energy" and are made and designed in Canada.
> >
> That is very interesting Shawn.  Do these have the benefits of alkalines
> (long life etc) without the cost (environmental and financial) of them?  Do
> they stand repeated recharging?  Do they have a "memory"?
>
> I should be interested in your opinion of them vs NiCads.

They last a bit longer than NiCads on a full charge, and do not seem to lose
their charge during storage likes NiCads. There is no memory effect, in fact
they encourage frequent topping off of the charge, which may imply that full
discharge cycles may shorten their life.
Because they are only slightly more than durcacells to buy, I have been trying

them in various uses as a test, and they seem to work like an alkaline:

ie: my VCR remote control uses two AAA cells, now in use for about a year
on single charge, where a nicad would be dead in months.

In my T20 and 310 they seem to last about the same as a cheaper alkaline, but
much better than a NiCad.

I figure even if I only get 5 charges on a set, they are still a big savings,
but I'm currently up to about 8-10 charges, I would estimate.