Re: [OM] Was Digital vs Film, is now Fawlty Towers and OM addiction.

Subject: Re: [OM] Was Digital vs Film, is now Fawlty Towers and OM addiction.
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 15:01:11 -0700
PCACala@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi all, esp. Paul and George who again started this frequently repeated
> thread:
>
> Despite recent acquisitions, my basic vest remains essentially unchanged
> through the years:
> OM-4 (chromes), OM-1 (bw slides) or OM-2n (color neg), 24 mm f/2.8, 35 mm
> f/2.8, 50 mm f/2, 85 mm f/2, 100 mm f/2.8, 35-70 f/3.5~4.5, T-32, Bogen 3021
> w/ 3025 head, hoods, cords and filters.  The rest gets put into a shoulder bag
> and pulled out if needed.  The belt now has a IS-10DLX on it, rather than a
> Leica Z2X.  I just wish the IS-10 had focal lengths marked.  It would replace
> the 35-70 as a previewing / snapshot lens.  I suppose I could affix a tape to
> the lens barrel showing that.
>
> Gary Reese
> Las Vegas, NV

Sorry to rehash old thread material.

I like your 3 bodies, each with very different film.  I usually have one
with Velvia, another with faster slide film: either Provia, E100SW or,
now, EK200 which is the best 200 speed slide film ever.  And the third
has HIE.  I almost never use color negative, except for people shots.

I notice you've got nothing longer than 100.  Is that a decision based
on your way of seeing? just curious.

george  :>)