Re: [OM] Digital OM-5?

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital OM-5?
From: "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 08:23:12 -0500
[...clipped Harrowing description of DCS520]

Why not just get a decent camcorder like the Canon L1 (discontinued?)?

It shoots at what 29 frames a second...
Takes EOS lenses...
Stores 208,800 images on tape...
Resolution is better than most CCD still cameras...
Sensitive down to <1EV...
Battery life >104,400 images (assuming 1hour runtime), but takes
interchangeable batteries...
Billions of features...
etc...
etc...

Oh, and prices are reasonable!

Did I mention that you can also use it as a camcorder?  Digitizing to
computer is easy and fast with the latest/greatest SNAPPY.

Somehow, I'm a little underwhelmed with Kodak's offering.

Ken N.