Re: [OM] OM-2000 impressions

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2000 impressions
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 14:08:02 GMT
Cc: jalbert@xxxxxxx
I agree with you, Joseph.
But I managed to find an easy solution here.
I quote from a thread of a few months back (with a nice discussion on
left/right eye dominance):

: Hello all, in particular John H. and Tomoko Y.
:
: I made the modification needed to have the shutter being no longer
: blocked by the winder switch in rest position.
: I have never made any modification this easy, and what is more
: important (warranty!) it is completely reversible.
:
: You only need to deassemble the winder switch (by unscrewing the tiny
: Phillips screw on the downside of the handle) and taking temporarily
: away the next three parts lying around its axis.
: Then the blocking ring is lying on top and the only thing I did was
: turn it upside down, making sure that the little protuberance in the
: ring which would normally shift under the shutter points to the back
: rather than to the front (maybe I should say to eight o'clock instead
: of ten o'clock)
: After that you can reassemble the winder switch exactly as it was
: before. The little protuberance now lies almost exactly under the
: winder handle.
: All it took was exactly three minutes... and now the OM2000 is free of
: the annoying Nikon inherited eye-threatener. And it still has twelve
: months of warranty - I didn't even have to open the camera body.
:
: Frank van Lindert
: Utrecht NL.

I was warned by John H. that this tampering might void the warranty
yet. But later I thought of the fact the lat thing Olympus would want
is being sued for possible eye damage resulting from use of the
OM2000.... so my mind and my (elastic) conscience were set at rest by
the idea that I helped them with my modification too ;-)

I haven't checked if my recipe for eye damage prevention has found its
way to one of the FAQ's. Maybe the English used could do with some
improvement..

Frank van Lindert.