Re: [OM] 85/2 vs. 100/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] 85/2 vs. 100/2.8
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 10:55:58 EDT
Hi Joseph:

> For landscapes, if you already have a 50mm lens,
>  100mm will give you a sufficiently different perspective while 85mm
probably
>  isn't enough of a jump from 50mm.

Everyone's seeing is different.  FWIW [for what it's worth], I wish there was
a 75 mm Zuiko.  I often find (for landscapes) that I'm using the 63-70 mm
range on a 35-70 zoom, less often the 85, and less often than that the 100 mm.
In fact, here is what I think is my ranking of frequency of focal lengths for
landscapes, from highest frequency of use to lowest:
35 mm
24 mm
38-43 mm
50 mm