Re: [OM] Techno Bable and the Future of Photography

Subject: Re: [OM] Techno Bable and the Future of Photography
From: Chris Barker <cbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 21:31:52 +0100
>take a picture with the lenses.  BUT, when I pulled out my Leica point and
>shoot, her eyes lite up and she said "That is what I need!"  Hum...  I asked
>her before buying what type of camera she wanted.  I guess maybe she didn't
>really know, or the manual only discipline the photography course foced on the
>students wasn't something that "took."
>
>Am I going to fix my 35-70 f/4 to give as a follow up?  One guess only.
>
>OTOH [on the other hand], my 12 year old son is a fellow technophile and is
>downright intrigued by the technical workings of cameras.  Some will recall me
>saying that he delighted in getting some good shots on Santa Barbara's Stearns
>Wharf.  But it wasn't enough to get him hooked.  I wised up.  But, something
>tells me my son would take ownership if I gave him a broken camera and he
>fixed it.
>
>Gary Reese
>Las Vegas, NV

Well Gary, it just goes to show doesn't it, our offspring are their own
persons - in spite of how we think that we have brought them up.  There is
just no predicting when they will follow their parents or go their own way.

My son has just gone back to boarding school (barbaric English custom <:~))
early to get some pre-season Rugby training in before term starts on
Monday.  He is mad keen on the game and wants to be in the school's first
team.  If only he showed as much interest in his studies, which will play a
far more important part in his life!  In addition, if only he used the Trip
we bought him for his art classes some years ago.

Oh well! At least you know that there are millions of other parents like
you or me...

Chris Barker <><

I don't believe that big is better; use Netscape and give MSIE a miss!