[OM] Re: OM-1md Meter Intermittant - Fixed - Long

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1md Meter Intermittant - Fixed - Long
From: "Stuart Goggin" <SGOGGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11 Sep 98 09:22:08 +1000
Cc: sgoggin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

--- Begin Message ---
Subject: OM-1md Meter Intermittant
From: "Stuart Goggin" <SGOGGIN.AU.ORACLE.COM>
Date: 08 Sep 98 12:06:50
Cc: sgoggin.au

Hello All,

I have been keeping my eye open for mint OM's to establish a collection of
these wonderful cameras.   I bought a mint OM-1md.  It looks like it has
only had three rolls of film through it before it was stored in a cupboard
(There are three film canister scratches in the back).    There are no paint
scratches or anything on the back.   Unfortunately the back foam is gooey,
and has a white coating.    The lense has also been fungied.  But the camera
feels really really nice and "tight".   Shutter speeds are perfect.

The problem is that the meter is intermittant,   it will work if the body is
shaken.   I suspect this is the typical power wire corroding problem.  I
removed the bottom, but the wire connected to the battery was OK, the solder
joint was also OK.

So I suspect the wire is damaged somewhere in the top of the body.

1.      Any one else fixed a similar problem.
2.      Is it possible to remove the top of the body without leaving any marks,
I really want to keep this body MINT.
3.      Any other likely causes.

Stuart Goggin

--- End Message ---