Re: [OM] 85/2 vs. 100/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] 85/2 vs. 100/2.8
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 20:25:08 -0700
So interesting.......
I went back thru my last few dozen rolls of of photos, covering all sorts of
subject matter, from the most serious to goofing around family snapshots.
Lenses used, from most frequent to least:

35-80 mm
80-200 mm
300 mm
420 mm (300 w/1.4xA t/c)
21 mm
24 mm
50 mm macro
90 mm macro

On occasion, for a few frames at most, I see I've actually used the 85 or
40, during a self-imposed minimalist week, or the 135, which is a lovely
lens.  Much of this is subject choice - motorsport is about 50-600f all
the pictures.  What little landscape shots I have are all with the 21 and
24.  The 28 seems to be left behind - maybe I should give it to my kid.

John P
My Grandfather taught me to live by two rules.  Rule #1:  Don't tell folks
everything you know.