Re: [OM] 85/2 vs. 100/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] 85/2 vs. 100/2.8
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 18:04:44 -0800
>Gary R. wrote:
>
>>FWIW [for what it's worth], I wish there was a 75 mm Zuiko.

Frank van Lindert responded:

>1.4 x 50 = 70
>1.5 x 70 = 75
>
>Maybe the excellent Zuiko 1.4xA or the reasonably good Vivitar 1.5x
>converter could help getting a cheap (only in case of the Vivitar, of
>course) and fast 70 or 75 mm lens...

Clearly, the Oly 1.4X-A is not an option, due to its protruding
front element.  The Vivitar 1.5X and also Kiron's Match Mate MC 1.5X
TC's will work, as both can accomodate lenses with rear elements
close to the camera mirror (i.e. 50mm and wider).

Btw, does anyone know why OLY's TC's never got the bear the proud
Zuiko moniker?  Both 1.4X-A and 2X-A are simply named "Olympus".

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx