[OM] OM-2000

Subject: [OM] OM-2000
From: Joseph Albert <jalbert@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 20:38:21 -0600 (MDT)
Gary Schloss wrote:

Agreed, though I still maintain that IN ITS CATEGORY (!), the
OM2000 is by far the best choice.  Compare it to Nikon FM10,
Ricoh KR-5 Super II, Yashica X-3 Super 2000 -- all siblings,
or even the new Pentax ZX-M (a completely different product),
and I'm sure you'll see my point.

Not sure I see the point.  Comparing to Nikon FM10, you get a
Nikon lens mount with the FM10, and you get a spotmeter with
the OM-2000.  Each has its advantages, and I don't see how
either one is "by far the best choice" considering that everything
else about the cameras is identical.

But there is no reason to compare only to those cameras.  If
the film wind lever of the OM-2000 isn't acceptable, then
the fact that it might be preferable to the particular cameras
listed is not much consolation.

However, the fact that the shutter lock is easily disabled gives the
OM-2000 a new lease on life with left-eye dominant folks.

Joseph Albert