Re: [OM] Reciprocity failure and Olympus auto exposure

Subject: Re: [OM] Reciprocity failure and Olympus auto exposure
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 20:00:29 -0700
On 10 Sep 98, at 1:40, John Austin wrote:

> Shawn Wright wrote:
> [snip]
> >And after a weekend shooting the same subjects, I must say I'm not too
> >impressed with his N*k*n lenses... Many shots taken with my old SC 135/3.5
> and
> >35/2.8s seemed to have far more punch than similar shots taken with his
> zooms,
> >but granted he was shooting TMAX 400CN, while I used FP4+. But I did notice
> >lot of flare in several backlit shots on his zooms, where my 20 year old SC
> >lenses did much better. This really surprised me, but maybe I'm just more
> aware
> >of flare when I'm shooting and know what to watch for.
>
> Just curious Shawn, do you know which N*k*n zooms he has? Are they the f2.8
> pro versions or the slower f4.0-5.6 consumer versions?

The slower versions, most shots were done with a 28-80 f/3.6-4.5
(or something like that), but he has the 70-210 also. But my 35/2.8
is basically a consumer lens, albeit based on 1970s "consumer"
SLR standards...
He plans to trade both in on a 24-120 someday, which he had used
in Japan. I've heard this is an excellent lens, and a zoom range we
can only dream about...

Shawn & Janis Wright
swright@xxxxxxxxx
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright