Re: [OM] RE : (OM) XA

Subject: Re: [OM] RE : (OM) XA
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 10:58:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Soenke Jansen wrote:

> I've 'used up' 2 XAs in the past 10+ years as "Fortunately I've got a camera
> with me"-cameras and I'm certainly a 'satisfied customer'. I'm mostly doing
> slides and apart from a slight light fall-off towards the corners (that you
> might only notice on very evenly lit subjects;

  This goes away at around f/8-11 on mine. This is also common with all
of the premium zooms (you know, the 35-80/2.8 Zuiko, Nikon 35-70,
80-200/2.8, etc.), but as Soenke pointed out, is normally not a big deal.
  It's a great little camera, and from what I read of Ti-clad Afs,
easily in that hallowed class, lens-wise. With the A-16 flash, nothing
comes close (save for that new Leica zoom with its separate flash).

                         *= Doris Fang =*