Re: [OM] People Shots - How?

Subject: Re: [OM] People Shots - How?
From: Chris Barker <cbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 19:18:28 +0100
>A stopped-down super-wide is marvelous for "grab shots." I have an OM
>21/3.5. I set it to f16, then put infinity at the right f16 marker, then
>everything from 2 feet to infinity is in decent focus!

>frame, taking your viewer's eye with them. I've got a tiny circular bubble
>level stuck to the top of the rewind lever that lets me level the camera
>without drawing attention. I found it in a flea market -- haven't seen any
>since, but would love a few more! It's only about 3/8" in diameter.
>
>: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Good plan on both counts.  I bought my 40/2 with this idea in mind - not as
wide and DOF not as tolerant, but small and unobtrusive with a reasonable
angle of acceptance (useful term?).  It is also desirable and valuable and
makes me feel good using it (I know, that's not a commendable reason).

I also scoured the UK DIY shops for the smaller spirit levels.  I know that
you buy them to slide into the flash shoe or to screw into the cable
release hole in the shutter release, but they cost over £10 sterling.  I
should much prefer to make a find like yours.

Chris Barker <><

I don't believe that big is better; use Netscape and give MSIE a miss!