[OM] Spirit levels

Subject: [OM] Spirit levels
From: "Dr. Chris Barrett" <cpbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 15:50:55 +0100
Jan Steinman wrote:

The worst thing about this technique is keeping the focal plane
perpendicular to the ground. If you are not careful about this and your
background has any vertical lines, they'll shoot off to the sides of the
frame, taking your viewer's eye with them. I've got a tiny circular bubble
level stuck to the top of the rewind lever that lets me level the camera
without drawing attention. I found it in a flea market -- haven't seen any
since, but would love a few more! It's only about 3/8" in diameter.

Our Jessops store here in the UK do a spirit level very similar to your
description. Also your Edmund Scientific have a 1/2" level in their catalogue.