Re: [OM] OM-1/2 vs OM-4T shutter speed ring

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1/2 vs OM-4T shutter speed ring
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 23:27:34 +0200
Shawn Wright wrote:

> Lately I've noticed a problem using manual mode on my 4T:
>
> At certain shutter speeds (around 1/2 to 1/30 I think), the ring "grips" seem
> to interfere with the DOF preview and lens release buttons, making it
> difficult
> to grip the ring. Is this problem common to the OM-1&2 also, or was there some
> change made on the 4-T shutter speed ring?
>
> ========================
> Shawn Wright
> Computer Systems Manager
> Shawnigan Lake School
> 250-743-6240
> swright@xxxxxxxxx

Hi Shawn,

The older models have a slightly wider shutter speed ring, but
share the problem with the grips interfering with the DOF preview
button.

I consider this to be one of the very few design errors in the OM
bodies, which I have learned to live with.

Regards
Lars

--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> aka <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"