Re: [OM] Shutter speed ring

Subject: Re: [OM] Shutter speed ring
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 19:38:03 -0700
><< On OM bodies, I am not a big fan of the shutter speed ring being
> around the lens mount. >>
>
>There is probably a lot of personal variation on this one.  This is one of my
>favorite features on an OM body--much better than scrunching your fingers down
>on a little dial on the top of the body and much more convenient for going
>back and forth between aperture setting and shutter speed without having to
>take your eye off the viewfinder.
>

>Carl May

I think the best design I ever tried out was a larger dial on top that
overhangs the front of the camera and you roll it from the front with the
side of your finger. Several manufacturers have used this from time to
time. The one I tried on a Leicaflex was wonderfully easy, secure and
precise. You could probably put it on the front of the camera overhanging
the top edge and roll it too.

Winsor

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California